Project Development Services
The Project Development team supports Life Span Institute investigators and researchers from affiliated university departments by facilitating the grant proposal and reporting process for external research funding in the areas of human development, education, and health. We offer assistance with grant proposals, budget preparation, letters of intent, contract execution, annual and final grant reporting, no-cost extensions, and non-automatic PI status designation. We welcome you to collaborate with us on your next project.
Specifically, our services include:
- Preparing proposal budgets and budget justifications
- Reviewing proposals for compliance with federal, state, university, and funding agency guidelines
- Populating proposal application forms
- Compiling and submitting proposals and reports via our internal system, online agency portals, email, and FedEx
- Serving as a liaison for investigators with KUCR and funding agencies
If you plan to submit a sponsored project through the Life Span Institute, the pre-proposal or proposal must be reviewed, approved and submitted by the project development team. This includes all proposals and pre-proposals that include budget information or contractual language, or that require institutional approval. Review is required to ensure that proposed budgets are accurate and that the proposed scope of work is in compliance with applicable federal regulations governing sponsored projects, university policies, and funding agency guidelines.
Need help? Contact us at email@example.com.
The following links may be helpful as you prepare your project. If you have questions about these subjects, please contact the Project Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Benefits Available to Graduate Research Assistants, Graduate Teaching Assistants and Graduate Assistants (KU Policy)
- GRA, GTA, and GA Appointments: General Guidelines and Eligibility (KU Policy)
- Graduate Research Assistants (GRAs) and Affordable Care Act (ACA) Compliance (GRAs may not be appointed at greater than 72.5% FTE, or 29 hours per week) (KU Policy)
- Indirect Costs Facilities and Administration (F&A) Rate Agreements
- Facilities and Administrative Costs Return Policy (KU Policy)
- Principal Investigator Status Policy (KU Policy)
- Proposal Preparation Data Management Plan Tool
- Grants Lifecycle
- KUCR Frequently Needed Information and Identifiers
- Proposal Evaluation and External Review (PEER)
- Preparation and Submission, Guidelines For (KU Policy)
- Proposal Preparation, Institutional Support of (KU Policy)
- Provisional Awards Provisional Sponsored-Project Award Establishment (KU Policy)